Frequently Asked Questions

Got Questions?

We have the answers for you!

A public adjuster is an independent licensed professional that a homeowner policyholder can hire if they experience property damage. The primary purpose of a public adjuster is to represent the best interest of the policyholder during the claims process to ensure they get a fair settlement.

It is good practice to contact our public adjusters immediately after sustaining damage to your residential and commercial property. We can offer you the most benefit if we are involved in your claims process from the very beginning.

You can, but keep in mind that the insurance adjuster is an employee of the insurance company. That means their primary purpose is to look out for the insurance company’s best interest, not yours. Hiring a public adjuster is the best way to get claims help, protect your financial interests and ensure you get a higher settlement than most policyholders can get on their own.

It is the responsibility of an expert public adjuster to get you a fair amount of settlement. A qualified public adjuster will view the damage to the property and estimate the cost of repairing it in order to come up with an accurate settlement amount.

If you believe your claim was underpaid or if you were denied settlement altogether, you can still hire a public adjuster. In most cases, an insurance claims case can be reopened if the damage happened less than three years ago. If you are not happy with your settlement and would like to pursue a fairer one, call our expert public adjusters today. We will review your claim, find out whether you qualify for more money, and then renegotiate your claim with the insurance company.

You can definitely file a property claim on your own; however, if you do not have any good prior experience with this, we do not recommend it. Insurance policies are complex documents and are filled with technical jargon and fine print, which can make it difficult to understand how much you are covered. On the other hand, our public adjusters are experienced and skilled at filing insurance claims, so we highly recommend you use our service so that you have the best chance of getting the maximum amount of settlement.

Your insurance company cannot increase your premium or drop you simply for hiring a public adjuster. However, they may increase your premium if you report your property has sustained damage or if it has a history of getting damaged.

Our goal at Morgan Elite Specialist Services is to provide a prompt and fair settlement while relieving you of the time-consuming and difficult matters involved with filing a claim.  All our adjusters take continuing education courses annually and are licensed and bonded. Most of our adjusters have worked for the insurance companies at some point in their career, so they have extensive knowledge of the claims process and are policy experts.  Our main concern is protecting your interests and getting you the settlement, you’re entitled to.

Following a loss from a disaster, most home or business owners find themselves in a situation that is completely foreign. Dealing with the loss and the insurance claims process can be a very overwhelming, confusing, and emotional experience and people often turn to their insurance agent and possibly a lawyer for help.

The role of an insurance agent is to report your loss to the insurance company. They, in turn, assign an adjuster to the claim who will likely try to limit the insurance company’s financial exposure. To protect their interests, some policy holders seek the legal advice of an attorney. While they may be informed and educated in their individual areas of expertise, these professionals most likely do not have expertise as claims processing advocates.

 A public insurance adjuster is a licensed, trained, educated, and experienced professional who can offer great assistance and value to a property owner after a loss has occurred. A qualified public adjuster is intimate with the claims process as well as the insurance policy and its conditions and can, therefore, guide and direct a policy holder through the process with strength and surety of the claims outcome. A public adjuster is only interested in protecting the interest of the policy holder and has an obligation to their client to do so.

There are not out of pocket expenses to hire a public adjuster. We work off a contingency fee, which means that we only get paid when a settlement is reached from the insurance company. The percentage is agreed upon beforehand, so there are no surprises for you. We charge 10% of the overall insurance claim and we do not get paid unless you do. Therefore, if we do not recover the money for you, there is no fee!

No, always contact your public adjuster first. If a policy holder provides incorrect or incomplete answers to questions asked by the insurance company, it could reduce the amount of the claim. Once you hire a public adjuster, they handle all aspects of the loss, including notifying your insurance company of your damages correctly so that you can receive a fair settlement based on your policy provisions.

Not at all. Policy holders will often try to handle a claim on their own, assuming their insurance company will fully compensate them for all damages.  It is a frustrating experience when the insurance company denies your claim or offers an inadequate settlement.  Morgan Elite Specialist Services will provide a free claim review to see if we can assist you in gaining additional money.

Most people do not take the time to read and understand their entire insurance policy. Once a loss has occurred, there are numerous details to be attended to such as building estimates, content spread sheets, loss-of-use receipts, business interruption calculations, etc. These details make it difficult to focus on rebuilding your home or continuing business operations. In the meantime, your insurance company is making monetary decisions on your behalf.

Morgan Elite Specialist Services will take care of every issue and detail so you can concentrate on the more important matters. So, the answer is yes, you can deal with the insurance claim yourself. However, a careful evaluation of the time, money, and disruption to your personal or business life will prove the value of a public adjuster to represent you in the needs of your insurance claim.

Generally, insurance agents fall into two categories. There are agents who are consumer-minded and concerned that their clients receive fair settlements as it will encourage their clients to renew their policies. On the other hand, there are also agents who are more concerned with their loss ratios. These agents would prefer to see the claim settlements as low as possible to receive more money at the end of the year from the insurance companies who write the policies.

A company adjuster or ‘in-house’ adjuster is an employee of the insurance company. An independent adjuster works for a private company and is hired by the insurance company to adjust losses on their behalf. Their client is the insurance company. A public adjuster is hired by the insured client to work on their behalf to prepare and present the claim to the insurance company and negotiate the settlement. As public insurance adjusters, we at Morgan Elite Specialist Services work for YOU!

Are you looking for professional claims help for property damage? Reach out to Morgan Elite Specialist Services today.