Perhaps you have found yourself in the following predicament: The siding on your home was recently damaged due to a tornado which produced pea sized hail. The contractor who replaced the siding also inspected the roof and recommended a complete replacement. There are no leaks inside your home nor have you noticed any damage to the roof from ground level. Is it really necessary to replace the entire roof?
Here are a few suggestions to consider when deciding whether to replace your roof from our experienced team of Texas certified Public Adjusters at messtx.com:
- Life span of roof: Most tiles have a life span of 20-25 years. This can be approximate depending upon whether new tiles were placed over existing tiles. If the roof has several layers of tile and is older than twenty years, it most likely needs to be replaced.
- Speed of tornado: The power of a tornado can do immense damage with seemingly small objects. For example, a drinking straw pushed into a tree! Any sized hail or flying debris produced by a tornado can incur enough damage to warrant a roof replacement.
- Leakage: There may be little or no visible leakage. However, there are as many as five layers on a roof that are breached before actually seeing water inside your home.
- Broken, bent, ripped, or dented shingles: These are easy to notice and signal damage.
- Soft or spongy decking: The only way to check the decking is to conduct a walking inspection on the roof. If it feels soft or spongy, it may be wet and/or damaged.
Following a storm in your neighborhood, do not wait until water is discovered in your home before scheduling a roof inspection. Timing is critical when filing an insurance claim to replace your roof. Contact our professional public adjusters at messtx.com for a free inspection and to represent you in the needs of an insurance claim. Feel free to walk the roof with our inspector if you are feeling brave!
Wind and hail resistant roofing products are available which can save up to 30% on your homeowners insurance policy.
CALL TODAY: 855-445-3404